Robert I. Eber’s Answers

Robert I. Eber

Tarrytown Business Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. Car lien

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Robert I. Eber
    1 lawyer answer

    I can only tell you what I would advise a New York client to do. Go straight to the your Dep't of Motor Vehicles and tell them your problem. (According to their web site, there's an office in Dillon at 1705 Highway 301 S., Dillon, SC 29536, Phone: 843-774-4712). Many states will mark a title with something like "Salvage", that the vehicle was "Returned To The Manufacturer or Dealer Because It Did Not Conform To Its Warranty,", etc. In addition, in New York, a dealer must indicate on the sales...

  2. Is it cost effective/quicker to attempt to unwind auto transaction myself without a lawyer?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Christine C McCall
    2. Michael Charles Doland
    3. Shawn Regis Jackson
    4. Scott Richard Kaufman
    5. Robert I. Eber
    5 lawyer answers

    I am a New York attorney with a large automobile dealer practice and have some suggestions. I can't tell from your statement that you want to "unwind the deal" whether the contract is still executory, that is, the car has not yet been delivered, or whether you actually have the vehicle. First, recognize that the automobile dealer-customer relationship can be a volatile and emotional one, and that presenting yourself as an irate customer' will only make it more difficult to achieve your goal -...