Matthew A Taub’s Answers

Matthew A Taub

New York Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contributor Level 7
  1. Can you sue someone that had kidnap you in 2006 for pain and suffering

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Christian K. Lassen II
    2. Matthew A Taub
    3. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    3 lawyer answers

    Most states allow claims for "intentional torts," such as assault and battery, and/or intentional infliction of emotional distress. Generally, a lawsuit for such a cause of action must be filed within a certain time frame from the accrual of the cause of action. In New York State, there is a one (1) year time limit for intentional torts. In Pennsylvania the time limit appears to be two (2) years. You should consult with a local attorney immediately to protect your interests. Matthew A. Taub,...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

    7 people marked this answer as helpful

  2. What is cap on med malpractice that results in death in Florida?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Matthew A Taub
    2. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    3. Jordan Lee Margolis
    3 lawyer answers

    In 2003, Florida passed a law placing caps in medical malpractice cases on "non-economic damages" (pain and suffering, mental anguish, disfigurement, physical impairment, inconvenience, loss of companionship, loss of enjoyment of life and loss of consortium). The current caps on non-economic damages are $500,000 against practitioners and $750,000 against non-practitioners. The cap is increased to $1 million (for practitioners) and $1.5 million (for non-practitioners) in cases of death or if the...

    Selected as best answer

  3. If a person makes a report to the police that doesn't result in actual charges can you hold them liable for defamation?

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Matthew A Taub
    1 lawyer answer

    There may be a cause of action against the individual who rendered a false report for libel and/or a claim arising from intentional infliction of emotional distress, but: (a) there is usually a very short time limit to bring such a lawsuit; (b) you would need actual evidence to prove the filing of the police report was completely baseless; (c) the individual who filed the report likely has few assets and would therefore be "judgment-proof" from any monetary judgment you might obtain; and (d)...