Max L Rosenberg’s Answers

Max L Rosenberg

Stratford Bankruptcy Attorney.

Contributor Level 11
  1. If I am being sued for supposedly causing bodily injury during a motor vehicle accident, could I go to jail?

    Answered 12 months ago.

    1. Scott Douglas Camassar
    2. Max L Rosenberg
    3. Christian K. Lassen II
    4. Francis M Smith
    5. Gerald R Stahl
    5 lawyer answers

    My name is Max L. Rosenberg and I am an attorney licensed in Connecticut and New York, based out of Stratford at Rosenberg and Press, LLC. The other attorneys answers are correct. You were not charged with anything. A civil case can be filed against you but going to jail is not a possible result. Civil and criminal courts are two separate systems. Your father's insurance will still be defending so long as they are put on notice and so long as you had permission to drive from your father. If...

    9 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  2. Can I be sued for posting a comment on a lawyer review website?

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Max L Rosenberg
    2. James David Pacitti
    3. Brook D Wood
    3 lawyer answers

    I am an attorney licensed in New York and Connecticut. When dealing with defamation you should remember that truth is an absolute defense. IF you can prove your statements you will win. However, you can be sued for almost anything, even if it is groundless. Goodluck

    8 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. What is the income cutoff for filing a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in the State of Florida?

    Answered 11 months ago.

    1. Kevin Christopher Gleason
    2. Bryant Houston Dunivan Jr.
    3. Max L Rosenberg
    4. Jeffrey David Solomon
    5. Gina Z Harris
    5 lawyer answers

    Hello. My name is Max L. Rosenberg and I am an attorney licensed in Connecticut and New York. If your monthly household income is less than the Florida median income for a household of your size, you are presumed to be eligible to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy under Section 707(b)(2). For one person it is - $41,915 for two - $51,760 three $54,934 and four $65,260. I hope this helps.

    7 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. I want to file simple assault & battery on behalf of my 5yr old son, what forms do I need to file? Where do I get them?

    Answered about 2 months ago.

    1. Max L Rosenberg
    2. Andrew T. Velonis
    3. Josh P Tolin
    3 lawyer answers

    We would be happy to sit down with you and review your rights and the possibility of bringing a civil action against the child care center. Please give our office a call to set up a free consultation. In this type of case you pay no fees for attorneys out of pocket. We work on contingency. 203.870.6700

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. I filed a motion to reopen a judgement for eviction, but I am moving the day before the hearing. What do I do?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Max L Rosenberg
    2. Rixon Charles Rafter III
    2 lawyer answers

    Hello, I am an Attorney licensed in Connecticut and New York. My office is located in Stratford, CT. Unlike certain other states, summary process in Housing Court in Connecticut is generally does not allow you to obtain money damages. It specifically limits itself to the issue of residency. If you are already giving up the residency, the only reason to show up for the Motion would be to heal your credit report and insure that you do not hurt your credit score by having an adverse reporting on...

    Selected as best answer

  6. What is the statute of limitations to file a law suit against a CT police department for by excessive force by a K9 unit?

    Answered 5 months ago.

    1. Max L Rosenberg
    2. A.J. Arias
    3. Walter A. Shalvoy Jr.
    4. Rixon Charles Rafter III
    4 lawyer answers

    Unfortunately, you only have 180 days to file a notice of claim with the city in order to keep the statute of limitations alive. You would still be very well advised to see a Connecticut licensed attorney to further discuss this matter as there may be exceptions if you file federally. Please feel free to contact us,. Our office handles this type of litigation and would be happy to meet with you.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  7. Foreclosure: Can Plaintiff list loan on Affidavit of Debt, if loan was discharged Bankruptcy Chapter 7 and not reaffirmed?

    Answered about 1 year ago.

    1. Max L Rosenberg
    2. Dorothy G Bunce
    3. Michael Christopher Burr
    3 lawyer answers

    My name is Max L. Rosenberg and I am a bankruptcy attorney licensed in Connecticut and New York with my principal offices in Stratford, CT approximately ten minutes from Hamden. While you have discharged the debt attached to you personally, (no deficiency will attach to you in the future), your property still holds any voluntary secured liens. You have expressed a desire to surrender the property, however, the bank will still likely go through the entire foreclosure procedure before being able...

    Selected as best answer

  8. Can I re open my divorce and now get alimony after 5 years of being divorced?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Max L Rosenberg
    2. Christopher P Norris
    3. Bruce S Gordon
    3 lawyer answers

    I am a Connecticut and New York licensed attorney with my offices in Stratford, CT. I agree with Attorney Norriss. This is an excellent example of exactly why you should at least consult with an attorney to understand all your rights at the time of any important engagement or binding contract. Even if you had not retained an attorney, one consultation or meeting might have saved you from making this terrible mistake. Had you even put in one dollar as annual alimony and even made it reciprocal,...

    Selected as best answer

  9. Can I change my lawyer in the middle of a divorce case?

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Max L Rosenberg
    2. Leslie Ann Silva
    2 lawyer answers

    You absolutely can. You are the boss. Also you are the owner of your file and can request it from your current attorney. You would be well advised to request it in writing and end the relationship in writing as well.

    Selected as best answer

  10. Shouldn't I file for bankrupcy?

    Answered about 4 years ago.

    1. Max L Rosenberg
    2. Malcolm Wallace Ruthven
    2 lawyer answers

    First, you should definitely see a qualified bankruptcy attorney for more information. My office would be happy to speak with you and we are Ct bankruptcy attorneys. Secondly, you should become acquainted with the FDCPA. This is federal law which governs the manner in which debt collectors may communicate with you. There is a high learning curve. Basicly the calls you recieve cannot be harassing, vulgar, oppressive, threatening, illegal, etc. If they call you before 8 am or after 9 pm these are...

    Selected as best answer