Michael R Bottaro’s Answers

Michael R Bottaro

Cranston Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contributor Level 6
  1. I was changing lanes and checking my side view mirrors, .And the car in front of me suddenly stopped. who is at fault?

    Answered 2 months ago.

    1. Carl P DeLuca
    2. Richard Todd Rosenstein
    3. Christian K. Lassen II
    4. Michael R Bottaro
    5. Deepali Meenu Walters
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    Thank you for your question. My office is located in Cranston, RI. Determining "fault," also known as "liability," presents an issue of fact in this situation. In other words, each side is entitled to present evidence to the fact finder, such as a jury, and the factfinder makes the ultimate determination. Some relevant considerations here include: (1) What was the point of impact between the two vehicles; (2) Were there any witnesses able to testify concerning the actions of each driver?....

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  2. Personal injury, Vehicle accident

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Lars A. Lundeen
    2. Michael R Bottaro
    3. Christian K. Lassen II
    4. Michael Paul Helgesen
    5. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    I am a practicing Rhode Island personal injury lawyer. You should understand that there is a three (3) year statute of limitations (time in which you must be bring suit or be forever barred from doing so) applicable to personal injury claims here. This statute is codified at R.I. Gen. Laws. Sec. 9-1-14(b) and begins to run from the date of the collision. You will need to understand whether your lawyer timely filed suit against the correct parties responsible for causing your injuries. If...

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  3. Should I hire a crime scence investigator and/or lawyer?

    Answered almost 3 years ago.

    1. Christian K. Lassen II
    2. Brian Curtis Pascale
    3. Michael R Bottaro
    4. Lars A. Lundeen
    4 lawyer answers

    This is a great example of why hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer is advantageous to you. If you are unrepresented, it can be very difficult and frustrating to try to deal with any insurance company. First, on the bodily injury side, I would be interested to know what you mean by the statement that the insurance company is "covering my damages 100%." Without experienced counsel on your side examining and investigating the specific facts of your case, how do you know whether you are...

  4. Can you file a personal injury claim for an accident even if it is your fault

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Craig Meyers
    2. Larry Jason Feldman
    3. Michael R Bottaro
    4. Matthew A. Dolman
    4 lawyer answers

    Thank you for your question. I assume that your question refers to a car accident bodily injury claim. Generally, it is the jury who ultimately determines the percentage fault of each party. If your question is as clear cut to mean that you were injured in a situation where you 100% caused an accident with another motorist, then you will not recover for your bodily injury claim. However, if the other driver was partially at fault and your percentage fault was less than 100%, than you should...