David Emmanuel Rosen’s Answers

David Emmanuel Rosen

Newton Estate Planning Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. My partner and I are in escrow and we need advice on how to take title to protect ourselves in the future. We are a gay couple.

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Eric Jerome Gold
    2. Michael Raymond Daymude
    3. David Emmanuel Rosen
    4. Lance E Armo
    5. James P. Frederick
    5 lawyer answers

    A trust is a good way of holding title to property. Please beware of do-it-yourself documents. There are a lot of "bare bones" living trusts available for download or at the local bookstore. I'm sure we all have different opinions about those documents. Certainly, it is best practice to form a relationship with an attorney.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. If will states that his daughters are to equally share his estate, including real,personal,mixed property does this include IRAS

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Loraine M. DiSalvo
    2. Patricia Lyda Williams
    3. Ashley Anne Digiulio
    4. Glen Edward Ashman
    5. Frank Louis Buquicchio
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    IRA's are a tricky asset. The IRS eventually demands its "pound of flesh" (tax dollars). By law, we are required pay the IRS the tax dollars due in an IRA at age 70 1/2. This means, you want to be careful who you name as beneficiary of the IRA after you pass away. For example, if you name your 90 year old mother and your 30 year old child the beneficiary of the IRA - the IRS will demand the tax dollars immediately. You can contact an estate planning attorney to set up a special trust to...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer