Jonathan Alexander Karon’s Answers

Jonathan Alexander Karon

Boston Personal Injury Lawyer.

Contributor Level 8
  1. Personal injury car crash in Mass.

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Jonathan Alexander Karon
    2. Christian K. Lassen II
    3. Kenneth P Doherty
    4. Emma A. Kremer
    5. Elliot S Coren
    6. ···
    13 lawyer answers

    You have the right to file suit against the driver if the driver's negligence injured you and if you incurred more than $2000 in medical expenses or broke a bone. The driver is required to have at least $20,000 in liability coverage on MA. If you sustained any serious injury you should consult an attorney who can go over the facts in detail and explain Massachusetts law regarding claims for injuries sustained in an auto accident. Good luck.

    22 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. Bodily injury insurance claim. Statute of limitations (3 yrs). Ins co makes offer. Claimant rejects. Nothing else is done.

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Miguel Amador
    2. Gilbert Richard Hoy Jr
    3. Scott D Goldberg
    4. Richard Wynn
    5. David Ian Schoen
    6. ···
    13 lawyer answers

    You may be out of luck. If you made a liability claim against the other driver and the statute of limitations for bringing a liability claim against that driver expired then absent some very special circumstances you have lost the right to pursue the claim and that driver's insurance company no longer can be made to pay you. If you are dealing with your own insurance company, the rule may be different. This is why it is important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney before...

    13 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. My 18 year old daughter was involved in a car accident where catastrophic brake failure occured in the new "used" car.

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Jonathan Alexander Karon
    2. Julie Court Molloy
    3. Elizabeth Taylor Herd
    4. Christian K. Lassen II
    5. David Ian Schoen
    6. ···
    7 lawyer answers

    Your auto insurer should be required to hire a lawyer for your daughter, who is supposed to represent her interests. Your auto insurer is also supposed to cover the cost of defending the lawsuit, so until there's a judgment against your daughter, she is not liable to pay anything. If the facts are as you represent, the plaintiff may not win (I would have to know a lot more to assess that possibility). I'm also not seeing from what you say, how the rest of your family might be liable. If the...

    12 lawyers agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  4. Does being involved in a MVA cancel a personal injury law suit that was filed last year in a different MVA but not settled yet?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Thomas C. Marino
    2. Jonathan Alexander Karon
    3. David Ian Schoen
    4. Christopher Francis Earley
    5. Christian K. Lassen II
    6. ···
    9 lawyer answers

    If you have an attorney representing you for your claim for injuries sustained in the first accident, it's very important that you let them know about this subsequent accident. Being in another accident doesn't eliminate your right to bring a claim for the previous accident. It may create factual issues regarding what injuries and medical conditions were sustained in each accident. As long as you are honest and upfront with your lawyer and your treating physician, these can usually be fairly...

    11 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. Accident on 12/1 is causing me hardships financial due to injuries. can I ask insurance company to pay out PIP if so how long

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Kathleen O'Toole
    2. Jonathan Alexander Karon
    3. Joshua Rubin Weinberger
    4. Brian P Finnerty
    5. Samuel Cohen
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    The Massachusetts auto policy provides that PIP coverage: "will reimburse the injured person for reasonable payments made to anyone outside his or her household for necessary services that he or she would have performed without pay for the benefit of the household had he or she not been injured". So, the answer should be yes, if you can show you had to hire someone to do this because you were injured in the auto accident. Keep in mind that PIP coverage only goes up to $8000 and that the first...

    11 lawyers agreed with this answer

  6. Auto accident personal injury insurance question

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Christopher John Finn
    2. Jonathan Alexander Karon
    3. Dennis M. Lindgren
    4. Joshua Rubin Weinberger
    5. Stefano Vincenzo D'Agostino
    6. ···
    19 lawyer answers

    No. Your right to sue is against the driver who was at fault. If there is a judgment, his or her insurance company will pay unless the judgment amount is greater than the amount of liability coverage. If there is not enough liability coverage you may be able to make a claim (but not sue) your insurance company depending on whether you purchased what's known as underinsurance. What appears to be going on, however, is a common occurrence where an insurance company tries to get out of paying...

    10 lawyers agreed with this answer

  7. Do I need a lawyer?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Michael M. Yalovenko
    2. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    3. S. David Rosenthal Esquire
    4. David Ian Schoen
    5. Jonathan Alexander Karon
    6. ···
    12 lawyer answers

    You should consult with an experienced personal injury attorney. Most of them will not charge for an initial consultation to determine if they could be of assistance. If you were injured and incurred over $2000 in related medical expenses or a broken bone you would have the right to bring a liability claim if it was the fault of the other driver. An experienced personal injury attorney could explain to you what you might be entitled to and could also help you through the confusing world of...

    9 lawyers agreed with this answer

  8. Can a major store chain be sued for causing a person to trip on a bunched up entry carpet, causing them to fall and be injured?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Henry Lebensbaum
    2. David Ian Schoen
    3. Brian P Finnerty
    4. Michael Anthony Donlon
    5. Kathleen O'Toole
    6. ···
    15 lawyer answers

    Businesses are required to make their premises "reasonably safe" for their customers. Your mother may have a case. More information would be required to evaluate the likelihood of a successful suit. This would include seeing what she tripped on, having some understanding of why it was bunched up, and whether any other customers had tripped on it or complained about it. My suggestion is that you and she consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to evaluate the case in detail. You...

    8 lawyers agreed with this answer

  9. Parent liable as car co-owner in Massachusetts if child at fault?

    Answered 8 months ago.

    1. Jonathan Alexander Karon
    2. Zaheer A Shah
    3. Christian K. Lassen II
    4. Peter N Munsing
    4 lawyer answers

    This would depend on the circumstances. Merely being the co-owner of a car that someone uses negligently does not always subject to the co-owner to liability. On the other hand, if an injured person can show that the parents negligently entrusted the car to their child, for example, bought them the car or made it available to them, knowing that the child had a history of dangerous driving, then there could be a successful claim. The easiest way to put your mind at ease on this is to make...

    Selected as best answer

  10. Is a small punctured lung, considered serious bodily injury?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Brian P Finnerty
    2. David Ian Schoen
    3. Michael J. Szklasz
    4. Jeffrey Mark Adams
    5. Gilbert Richard Hoy Jr
    6. ···
    8 lawyer answers

    I would consider it a serious bodily injury if it happened to me. I suspect that your question is really directed to whether you have the right to file suit. If you were injured in an auto accident and have more than $2000 in medical expenses you have the right to file against someone whose negligence caused your injuries. Without knowing more about why you want to know I can't give you aore detailed answer.

    6 lawyers agreed with this answer