Erin Whelan Pennock’s Answers

Erin Whelan Pennock

Woburn Family Law Attorney.

Contributor Level 4
  1. Is child support easily modifiable in MA

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Howard M Lewis
    2. Erin Whelan Pennock
    3. Philip W. Mason
    4. Alan J Pransky
    5 lawyer answers

    The short answer based upon the information you have provided is yes - however I would need information about the circumstances surrounding the child support order. If child support was calculated pursuant to the child support guidelines and the financial circumstances of both you and your ex-wife have changed since the divorce to change the child support amount owed, then you should file a Complaint for Modification. I suggest you consult with an attorney to discuss your options and how to...

    Selected as best answer

  2. Tenant moved out but left personal stuffs with no power and still have my keys.

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Erin Whelan Pennock
    2. Michael T. Cupoli III
    3. Adam Matthew Hopkins
    4 lawyer answers

    In order to properly answer your question, I would need more information. It does not appear that the lease term is complete, that you and the tenant agreed to an early termination of the lease or that there was an eviction. I suggest you contact a lawyer about filing an eviction action so that you can get an execution and properly remove the belongings. Removing anything now could result in serious legal consequences to you.

    4 lawyers agreed with this answer

  3. Can I file for child support even though my husband and I are not legally divorced or separated?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Christopher W. Vaughn-Martel
    2. Erin Whelan Pennock
    3. Alan J Pransky
    4. David George Thomas
    4 lawyer answers

    You need to file a formal action (either a Separation or Complaint for Divorce) in order to request child support from your husband. In accordance with the Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines, the prior order will be considered in making a child support order. I suggest you hire an attorney to assist you with the next steps.

    Selected as best answer

  4. MA: Will child support be retroactive from when the modification was filed or when the judge hears the case?

    Answered about 2 months ago.

    1. Henry Lebensbaum
    2. Erin Whelan Pennock
    3. Jaye L. Samuels
    4. James Thomas Jones
    4 lawyer answers

    The judge may terminate the order retroactive to the date of the service of complaint on the other parent. It is in the judge's discretion though.

    3 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. In a MA Child Support Trial, do both sides need to provide each other any known evidence that they have discovered before trial

    Answered 4 months ago.

    1. Erin Whelan Pennock
    2. Henry Lebensbaum
    3. Estela Matta
    4. Michael J. Szklasz
    4 lawyer answers

    The trial order usually states that all proposed documentary evidence at trial needs to be discussed and exchanged prior to the trial date. Your attorney should also make the necessary discovery requests that would include documents such as this.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  6. After my divorce, can I keep my ex-wife on my health insurance?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Alan J Pransky
    2. Thomas J Callahan
    3. Erin Whelan Pennock
    4. Henry Lebensbaum
    4 lawyer answers

    That depends on your insurance coverage. Speak with your health insurance provider/human resources department and they will give you the information you need.