Gregory Casale’s Answers

Gregory Casale

Worcester Criminal Defense Attorney.

Contributor Level 13
  1. Should I ignore a Civil Demand i received from shoplifting even if the cops were called.

    Answered about 5 years ago.

    1. Gregory Casale
    2. Kara O'Donnell
    3. Jessica Ann Foley
    4. Phil A. Taylor
    5. Henry Lebensbaum
    6. ···
    6 lawyer answers

    Ignore the civil complaint. Expect a summons for court and criminal charges for shoplifting. The civil suit is separate and apart from the criminal action and paying it makes it no less likely that the store will pursue criminal charges. Typically the civil complaint will "imply" that if you pay it, you will somehow avoid being criminally prosecuted. In reality, when the store gives the report to the police, they have already initiated the criminal action and when you go to court and tell the...

    Selected as best answer

  2. How can they try two adults at the same time when one has a very long record and one has only a couple of charges

    Answered over 5 years ago.

    1. Gregory Casale
    2. Henry Lebensbaum
    3. Dominic L. Pang
    4. Michael Douglas Shafer
    4 lawyer answers

    The difference in one's record from a co-defendant really has little to do with the guilty v. not guilty verdict/decision, unless it somehow comes into evidence, which it shouldn't. What it does effect is sentencing. Typically the person with the longer record will get a more severe sentence. This only applies if all other facts are equal, which is not very likely the case. The reason why the co-defendants are tried together is because the evidence stems from the same incident or circumstances...

    Selected as best answer

  3. Is it possible to file a civil suit against my ex husband for abuse, contempt, and sexual assault 5 years after our divorce

    Answered 13 days ago.

    1. Socrates de La Cruz
    2. Gregory Casale
    2 lawyer answers

    You certainly can file a civil suit. However, whether or not you will be successful is the real issue. Sexual assault is a criminal offense. If your ex is convicted criminally it will provide a stronger likelihood of success at the civil level since the criminal standard is so much harder to attain. You should seek the advice of private counsel.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  4. What should I do

    Answered 16 days ago.

    1. Joseph Brian Simons
    2. Gregory Casale
    3. Joel Amos Gordon
    4. Socrates de La Cruz
    4 lawyer answers

    The first thing to do is take a deep breath and don't panic. The very worst that can happen on a 1st offense Shoplifting charge for under $100 in Massachusetts is a fine. You can not be sentenced to jail for this charge alone. However, you do not want this on your permanent record (CORI) since it can cause you all sorts of problems throughout your life seeking employment, financial aid and in some cases, even housing. You should receive a summons in the mail for a Clerk's Hearing to decide...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  5. do i dropped charges that the police put on my boyfriend? I didnt want the charges in the 1place..

    Answered 4 months ago.

    1. Danielle M. Callahan
    2. James M Caramanica
    3. William Roa
    4. Andrew W. Cowan
    5. Gregory Casale
    5 lawyer answers

    Attorney Carramancia answered it pretty clearly. Understand that the police do not represent you, they represents the state. When you tell your story, the police listen for the elements of a crime. Once they hear the elements established, they arrest and its out of hour hands Again as Attorney Carranansia stated, your ex'es attorney may be able to guide you as to how you can best help out.

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  6. If ur a sex offender in Boston Massachusetts and on probation, can u get a job if so where can u?

    Answered over 1 year ago.

    1. Robert D Lewin
    2. Keith G Langer
    3. Gregory Casale
    4. Brian A. Kelley
    4 lawyer answers

    The court does limit employment for convicted sex offenders to an extent. His probation officer should be able to identify what jobs he is prohibited fom taking. However most of his difficulties will simply be that the employer chooses not to hire him based on his conviction. This is a collateral consequence but not one that is controlled by the criminal justice system. He will need to either find an employer willing to hire him, knowing of his past, or start out in a new profession where he...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  7. My friend got Arrested for Larceny over $250 (stole a phone) how long will he be in jail for and when will he go to court??

    Answered almost 2 years ago.

    1. Gregory Casale
    2. Dylan Hayre
    3. Anthony Rao
    3 lawyer answers

    The facts necessary to determine sentencing include the seriousness of the offense, the defendant's previous history with the criminal courts, the value of the items stolen, whether or not the value or items were returned, whether the defendant did or can pay restitution, as well as the skill of his attorney and the mood of judge who sentences him. Having several matters open at the same time will certainly work against him. In the district court in MA, the most anyone can be sentenced to is 2....

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  8. I cannot get a job in the field I have chosen due to my CORI and want to know what I can do about it. Please help.

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Emma A. Kremer
    2. Henry Lebensbaum
    3. Kelly A. Broadbent
    4. Gregory Casale
    5. Ryan Edward Alekman
    5 lawyer answers

    It sounds as though you are eligible to have your CORI (Criminal Offenders Record Information ) sealed. Situations such as yours are good examples of why it is possible to seal the record. People should not pay for their crimes for the rest of their lives. You served your time, you paid your penalties, you should be free of the burden that you are suffering. To have the record sealed you can either hire a lawyer or do it yourself. If you want to try it on your own, go to or call the Probation...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  9. What will happen to me on first dui charge

    Answered over 3 years ago.

    1. Gregory Casale
    2. Keith G Langer
    2 lawyer answers

    Inmany jurisdictions a .09 is a triable case. It is important to hire an attorney who is familiar with the nuances and idiosyncracies of the court that you are in. If you haven't already I highly advise that you hire a lawyer who practices regularly in the court where you are charged. In my area, I would try that case and you may end up with a Not Guilty. If you are going to plead the case, you should qualify for a 24d alternate disposition. In that case, you would seek a CWOF (continued...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  10. I want to drop a Domestic assault and battery charge filed for my boyfriend??

    Answered almost 5 years ago.

    1. Gregory Casale
    2. Andy Patrick Miller
    3. Henry Lebensbaum
    4. Kristen Lynn Bienstock
    4 lawyer answers

    As others have told you, it is now out of your control to a great degree. Your boyfriend will fare best if he has an attorney. Without one, the DA will probably try to get him to plead to probation and a Batterer's Program. With an attorney he should be able to get the charges dismisses, unless he has some history of violence, and especially if he has any history of domestic violence.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

    2 people marked this answer as helpful