Peter Joseph Sturgeon’s Answers

Peter Joseph Sturgeon

Pittsfield Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney.

Contributor Level 3
  1. My mother is in a nursing home. She has several credit cards with balances and no real poperty valve . Do I notify her C.C.Comp

    Answered about 2 years ago.

    1. Herbert Weinberg
    2. Peter Joseph Sturgeon
    3. Kenneth P Doherty
    3 lawyer answers

    Hello: I think you need to handle this very carefully. My approach would be to contact them to say very simply that your mother is now in a nursing home and unable to make any payments or respond to their notices. Under no circumstances should you volunteer information about bank accounts, property values, etc., because doing so could lead them to fast track any collection efforts in their attempt to get at assets before they are used up for your mother's care. If you need help or want to...

    2 lawyers agreed with this answer

  2. I own a business that isn't doing well, I signed two checks that bounced, Now the company wants their money back,

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Peter Joseph Sturgeon
    2. Stephen M Trezza
    2 lawyer answers

    Was this a criminal charge for Larceny by Check, or was it a small claim brought by the person you wrote the check to in order to collect the amount due? If a criminal case, you should contact the Probation Department TODAY and make arrangements to get into Court to answer the charges. If a small claim, you will probably have had judgments entered against you. If so, you would need to file a Motion to Vacate the Judgment citing the reason you missed Court. If you need assistance, call me at...

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

    1 person marked this answer as helpful

  3. The monthly rent for store is 975.00 a month.Contract states Tenant's fractional Share at 5.5% of building.

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Jennifer L. DiCarlo
    2. Erik Hammarlund
    3. Peter Joseph Sturgeon
    3 lawyer answers

    Depends on the wording of the lease, though generally it's an add on. I would be happy to review the lease and discuss this with you free if charge. My number is 413-442-6031. Thanks.

    1 lawyer agreed with this answer

  4. As a landlord can i shut off the electricy to a tenant that has not payed there share of the bill?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Jeffrey K. Varszegi
    2. Patrick Bull
    3. Rixon Charles Rafter III
    4. Erik Hammarlund
    5. Peter Joseph Sturgeon
    5 lawyer answers

    No.....a thousand times...NO!

  5. How to walk-away from a non-reaffirmed mortgage?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Walter C Oney Jr
    2. Michael A. Goldstein
    3. Peter Joseph Sturgeon
    4. Peter Walter Weston
    5. Nanina Dekyi Takla
    5 lawyer answers

    I would also advise that you take reasonable steps to secure the property (land and buildings) and make sure that a friend, family member or a property manager keeps a close eye on it for as long as it's in your name. This is especially true if you are just going to "drive away."

  6. I filled chapter 13 bankruptcy without a attorney can I hire one to help me after I've filled?

    Answered over 2 years ago.

    1. Alan D. Walton
    2. Derek R. Caldwell
    3. Dorothy G Bunce
    4. Stephen Nathan Doan
    5. Peter Joseph Sturgeon
    5 lawyer answers

    You can look for an attorney and if the price is right he/she will get involved. You may have a larger issue, though, if the repo took place after you filed the case, and the lender didn't follow certain steps in the bankruptcy court. Talk to a lawyer, even just to get a sense of what he/she can do to help you get the car back.