Uncontested Divorce in Shelby County, Tennessee
Timeline for an Uncontested Divorce1. Sign the Representation Agreement, Pay the Attorney's Fees, and Pre-Pay the Court Costs, Receive the Pre-Drafting Worksheets
2. Complete the Pre-Drafting Worksheets and Return to you Uncontested Divorce Attorney
3. Your Uncontested Divorce Attorney will Draft Your Complain for Divorce, Marital Dissolution Agreement, and Permanent Parenting Plan Order and send them to you for your Review Communicate with Your Attorney until the Document say what you want them to say.
4. Sign and Notarize the Documents and Return them to Your Attorney
5. Your Uncontested Divorce Attorney will file your Complaint, MDA, PPP with the Court.
6. After the Mandatory Waiting Period of 60 or 90 days, your case will be "set at issue" by the Court and your Attorney will schedule the Final Hearing for Divorce.
7. On the day of the Final Hearing, your Attorney will enter the Final Decree of Divorce with the Court.
8. Your Divorce will be final 30 days after the date of the Final Hearing.
Important Documents for an Uncontested Divorce1. Representation Agreement
2. Pre-Drafting Worksheets
3. Complaint for Divorce
4. Confidential Information Order
5. Mandatory Injunction Order
6. Department of Health Certificate of Divorce
7. Marital Dissolution Agreement
8. Permanent Parenting Plan Order and Child Support Worksheet
9. Insurance Information Worksheet
10. Final Decree of Divorce