Written by attorney Talitha Davies Wegner

You Have An Agreement With Your Ex - How To Finalize Your Divorce

If you have come to a full agreement, on all of the issues of your divorce or legal separation, you now need to prepare and submit your written Agreement to the court in the form of a Stipulated Judgment. The court will process your documents and you will receive a final judgment, once filed.

Additional resources provided by the author

It is always a good idea to google your local court and check to see if they have special, local instructions. I practice in Los Angeles so I am including here the Los Angeles Superior Court Website as an example: * Please note, this is a guide to assist you but it is not a substitute for legal advice. If you have questions, consult with the family law help desk at your local court house or speak with an attorney.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer