Written by attorney Romy B Jurado

Working for Your Own Startup with an F-1 Visa

The F-1 Visa is a visa classification that lets you study in the United States. So, if you have an idea for a startup while in college with an F-1 visa, can you establish it and work for your startup?

The good news is that you can – with Optional Practical Training.

Additional resources provided by the author

Navigating the technical hurdles associated with working with your F-1 visa takes a lot of expertise.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer