Written by attorney Jodi Brenner Ginsberg

Workers Comp. Payment for Attendant Care Even if Performed by Spouse or Other Relative

If you need help with basic activities of daily living and functioning - tasks such as bathing, dressing, shopping for groceries or housekeeping - because of limitations arising from your work injury, you may be eligible for paid attendant care.

As I discuss in this video, attendant care may be provided by your spouse, your adult child or another relative. That person can keep his or her time and bill the insurance company for tasks performed on your behalf.

Your employer may not advise you about this benefit, and we would need specific orders from your doctor but I am frequently able to obtain attendant care for my clients.

If you or a loved one cannot take care of yourself due to a serious work injury and you want to know more about paid attendant care, please reach out to me - I’d be happy to answer your questions. #attendantcare #georgiaworkerscompensation #activitiesofdailyliving #hurtatwork #georgiaworkinjurylaw

If you or a loved one would like a case evaluation for your Georgia workers' compensation claim, please call me at 770-351-0801 or email me at

Jodi Brenner Ginsberg Georgia Workers Compensation Attorney

Telephone: 770-351-0801

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo personal injury email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer