Written by attorney Chad William Koplien

How to file a construction lien in Wisconsin

Additional resources provided by the author

The term "serve" or "service" means that regular mail or hand delivery without a written form of acknowledgement of receipt by the recipient's signature in my view may not work. My professional opinion is that every notice should be served via personal service using a professional a process server or sheriff, or registered or certified mail, return receipt requested. Where there is a significant amount of money at stake, the $50 for professional service is money well spent.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer