Skip to main content

Will the government or state take my house if I go into a nursing home?

Medi-Cal for Medicaid recovery is a process where the state goes after the assets that are left behind when somebody passes away, when that person had received Medi-Cal benefits. There are many steps that we can take in California especially to protect those assets, but it requires prior planning. The earlier we do that, the better.

Additional resources provided by the author

Rate this guide

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer