We'll help you find the right solution for your needs
Does this sound like your topic?
Preference Relatives or Preference Categories apply to family members who are relatives but not immediate relatives. There are a limited number of visas available to relatives who fall into the category of preference relatives.
· The visas available to preference relatives are subject to annual numerical limits.
· When an I-130 is approved for a preference relative the relative is given a priority date. Visas are provided to preference relatives according to their priority date and on a first come first serve bases. There are limited situations when a preference relative is granted permission to enter the United States before his or her priority date becomes current.
Preference Categories are as follows:
· First preference: Unmarried, adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens (adult means 21 or older.)
· Second Preference (2A): Spouses of green card holders, unmarried children (under 21) of permanent residents
· Second Preference (2B): Unmarried adult sons and daughters of permanent residents
· Third Preference: Married sons and daughters (any age) of U.S. citizens
· Fourth Preference: Brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens