Written by attorney Gilbert Earl Fisher

Where do I file an Application with the WCAB: Is it where I live or where I work?

In order to dispute whether an employer or insurance company has provided all necessary benefits in a workers compensation case, an application must be filed with the Workers Compensation Appeals Board. There are offices throughout the state, and where you file may depend on several factors.

Additional resources provided by the author

The rule on where you can file is contained in California Labor Code Section 5501.5. A link to the California Labor Code is provided below. The DWC also has a web page, wherein you can enter your ZIP Code, and find the address of the nearest WCAB District Office. A link to that page is included below.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer