When to file a motion to resentence or reconsider a state sentence
A defendant pursuant to the NJ Court Rule 3:22-10(a)A motion to reduce or change of a court jail sentence must be filed not later than 60 days after the date of the judgement of conviction.
Motion to reconsider maybe files out of time pursuant to NJ Court Rule 3:22-10(b)A defendant can file a motion for reconsideration out of time for the following reasons:
1) When the defendant in seeking to alter the sentence to go to a long term drug treatment program;
2) When the defendant is Sick;
3) For good cause on a joint application by the State and defense attorney;
4) Changing sentence as allowed by the code;
5) Changing the sentence to apply for the ISP program;
6) Changing or reducing the sentence when the appellate court reversed or vacated original case.