Written by attorney Tracey M. Martin-Henry

When the State Holds Your Refund or Makes You Repay on Unemployment Overpayment

Additional resources provided by the author

• State Bar of Michigan - Attorney listings. Phone 1-800-968-1442. or • Department of Human Services (FIA) - Website: E-mail: [email protected] o Child Support debts & offsets. Phone1-866-540-0008. o Debts for ADC, Food Stamps Emergency Need, Adoption Subsidy Phone 1-800-419-3328. • Friend of the Court (FOC) - Office of Child Support: 517-373-2035. • Unemployment Insurance Agency (UIA) - For Delinquent/Unpaid unemployment debts contact Benefit Payment Control Unit 1-800-638-6372 • Internal Revenue Service (IRS) - Phone 1-800-829-7650. Website:

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer