Written by attorney William Harvey Beck

When parents are not divorced yet, can one parent move with the children out of Florida?

If you're in a divorce and one of the parents want to relocate with the children, that would be governed by Florida's relocation statue. That basically says that the parent is not permitted to relocate with the children unless they have either the other parent's permission or the permission of the court. I would recommend contacting an attorney to go over the details of the relocation before attempting to relocate with the children

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer