Written by attorney Thomas Patrick Gill Jr. | Mar 21, 2017

When parents are not divorced yet, can one parent move with the children out of Florida?

If there's a court order already in place prohibiting either parent from relocating with the children outside the State of Florida, a parent should not relocate with the children. However, if a case has not been filed yet and you wish to relocate, you technically can, but it's not a good idea to do so without first speaking with your attorney to address the pitfalls and the problems that arise when you move out of state with minor children.

Additional resources provided by the author

Rate this guide

Avvo child custody email series

Sign up to receive a 10-part series of useful information and legal advice about the divorce process.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer