Written by attorney Thomas Patrick Gill Jr.

When a divorce action is pending, can one parent move with the children out of Florida?

Generally in Hillsborough County, when a divorce case is filed, a standing temporary order in family law cases is issued by the court, which prohibits the parties from moving out of the jurisdiction of the court during the pendency of the case, without agreement of the other party, or order of court. No, you should not move without consulting an attorney first to see if your facts and circumstances warrant you moving without a court order.

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer