Written by attorney Joshua Charles Teets | Mar 17, 2011

What to Know About: New York Medical Licenses for International Medical Graduates

Additional resources provided by the author

It is important for an IMG who intends to practice in NY post-residency to plan ahead! Start working with your immigration attorney as early as a year before your start date. Whether you are seeking a J-1 visa waiver or are transferring from an H-1B, the immigration and licensing processes can easily take 6 months or longer. I've written more articles and information on J-1 waivers, H-1Bs, and issues for IMGs that can be seen on my AVVO profile or by visiting our website (linked below, of course!)

Rate this guide

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer