What To Do When Your Lawyer Doesn’t Respond
Does your attorney not respond to you? Review this Top 20 List of What to Do When Your Lawyer Won’t Respond
Put it in Writing.1. Put you*re question/request in writing. Lawyers are required to reasonably respond.
2. Send your request by email, fax or overnight mail.
3. Do not repeatedly contact the lawyer. Reasonable requests means reasonable in number, frequency and topic.
4. Don*t ask the same the questions over and over
5. Be efficient.
6. Remember, while your case is important, it is not the attorney*s only case.
Be Reasonable7. Be reasonable.
8. Your attorney may be in Trial, Out of State, on a vacation, or at the birth of the attorney*s first grandchild.
9. Be nice to your lawyer. Contrary to popular belief, lawyers are human, with feelings (at least some are).
10. And most important, be nice to the attorney*s staff.
Don*t Give Up .... Until It*s Time to Give Up10. Do not give up. Attorney*s are busy.
12. Put your phone number in every email
13. Examine yourself and how you may come across.
14. Make sure your questions are clear and concise. When calling or emailing the attorney, be ready with a short summary of your question.
15. Make sure your questions are truly important.
Then What?16. Contact the state bar
17. Initiate Fee Dispute Arbitstion
18. Do give up and get an attorney
19. Get another lawyer before you fire your attorney.
20. Sue your Lawyer