Written by attorney Adam L Rothenberg | Jul 30, 2014

What to Do When You’re Injured on an Amusement Park or Carnival Ride in New Jersey

Summer is a time for having fun at amusement parks, carnivals, and local fairs. Although these places are often a source of fun and enjoyment, people do occasionally suffer injuries while on amusement rides. If you are injured at an amusement park, carnival, or fair, you may be able to pursue a claim for your injuries.

In order for the claim to be successful, you must comply with the accident reporting requirements of the Carnival-Amusement Rides Safety Act (CARSA), N.J.S.A. 5:3-31 et seq. Amusement park, carnival, and fair operators are required by law to have designated locations for patrons to fill out these types of reports, and must also post clearly visible notices of the reporting requirement throughout their parks.

Rate this guide

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer