Skip to main content

What To Do When You Are Sued

Posted by attorney Bruce Abel

Additional resources provided by the author

Court clerks are not allowed to give legal advice, so one must seek legal counsel. Each county has a local bar association. Contact your local bar association and request a referral to an experienced attorney. Most counties have law libraries with reference librarians who may point you in the right direction, but, as a general rule, the legal system is complicated and one should be represented by legal counsel. For those who do not have the funds to hire a private lawyer, there are non-profit organizations that offer legal assistance.

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?