Written by attorney Tod C Gurney

What to Do When an Employee Sues You

It can be unsettling and a little hurtful when, despite the fact that you treat your employees really well, one of them brings a lawsuit against you. Having a lawsuit brought against you can compromise the integrity of your business.

Additional resources provided by the author

If an employee sues your company, do not take any chances and contact the employment lawyers at Garcia & Gurney, ALC. We serve clients throughout the Pleasanton, Alameda, and Contra Costa areas. Though a lawsuit can be frustrating, the worst thing that you can do is to lose your cool. Stay calm, contact an employment attorney, and get to work gathering any documentation and eyewitness statements that you feel may help your case. To avoid future employee lawsuits, allow one of our attorneys to help you review your company policies, contracts, posters, and other materials for any discrepancies. Contact our Pleasanton employment law firm at 925-468-0400 to schedule your initial consultation today. The information contained in this article is provided by Garcia & Gurney, ALC (“G&G") and is provided for educational and informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or an offer to perform services on any subject matter. Recipients of this article should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in this article without seeking appropriate legal advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. G&G expressly disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken by the recipient based on any or all of the information or other contents in this article. This article not intended to constitute an advertisement for professional services or any other services. Nothing herein is intended to create an attorney-client relationship and shall not be construed as legal advice.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer