Written by attorney Tsirina Goroshit

What you should do if your Passport, Visa or a Form I-94 was Stolen or Lost

Additional resources provided by the author

We are always encourage travelers to make copies of the passports and visas, along with Arrival/Departure Records (admission stamp or paper Form I-94) , promptly, upon their arrival to the U.S. and although copies are not substitute for original documents, having copies could be of tremendous help if your original documents are stolen or lost. Hint, if you don’t have a copy machine to make a copy of your passport, visa, admission stamp and a Form I-94, use your cell phone camera to capture photos of your valuable documents. Having this practical Itinerary, an access to the Internet and if possible, a cell phone with a camera, You will not be lost in the United States.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer