Written by attorney Thomas Patrick Gill Jr.

What should I do if I want to limit my child's visitation with grandparents?

Generally in Florida, grandparents do not have a right to visitation. From a practical perspective, grandparents get their visitation through their own child, the parent of the children. However, if there are facts and circumstances that exist which necessitate limiting a grandparent's access to the children, it should be discussed with the other parent and you should try and reach agreement. If you cannot reach an agreement, you should file the appropriate pleadings with the court and ask the court to limit the time sharing of the grandparents.

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer