Written by attorney Claudia Maria Negrette-Gonzalez | Apr 5, 2018

What should I do if I have been injured on the job in Florida?

The first thing you have to do when you're injured on the job in Florida is to report your accident to the employer. Your employer needs to be made aware of what happened to you, how minimal or small the accident may have been so they can document that for their insurance company. And then the second thing you should do is seek or request medical care from your employer. Tell them that you want to see a doctor, even if the accident, again, is very minimal, you never know what type of damage you may have suffered and the only one that can help you with that is a doctor. And then the third thing is to educate yourself. The best way to educate yourself is to do research online and also speak to people who are in this line of business, such as attorneys who work on worker's comp cases and can help you, guide you through the process and make sure you get all the benefits that you're entitled to.

Rate this guide

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer