Written by attorney Cameron D. Simpson

What should I do if I have been injured on the job in Florida?

The first thing you should do is contact your supervisor and ask that supervisor, or your employer, what medical facility or physician that you are authorized to visit, because in Florida, the workers' compensation carrier and/or employer has the authority to send you to the physicians or facilities that are on their authorized list. After you've seen the physician, you need to immediately contact a workers' compensation attorney, because you may be asked by the employer to sign documents that jeopardize your workers' compensation claim.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo personal injury email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer