Written by attorney William Harvey Beck

What qualifies as a material change of circumstances in a Florida child custody/time-sharing case?

In Florida, when one parents wants to modify the time-sharing schedule, visitation schedule, there needs to be a substantial change in circumstance since the last time that the parties were in court. Now, the court's have interpreted substantial change in circumstances to mean a few things and they've also decided what does not constitute a substantial change in circumstances. The best thing to do would be to allow an attorney to evaluate the changes that have occurred in your life and in your visitation schedule and let that attorney give you a better idea of the likelihood of success of a modification.

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer