Written by attorney Jennifer L Keel

What kinds of experts will I need for my medical malpractice claim?

Additional resources provided by the author

Many states have caps on the amount of money a plaintiff can recover for pain and suffering (non-economic damages), and some of those caps are very low. In states with caps on non-economic damages, the value of the case tends to be driven by the value of the plaintiff's economic losses. **If this information was helpful to you, please let me know that by giivng it a "thumbs up" at the bottom of the article.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo personal injury email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer