Written by attorney Mark George Cunningham


A common question asked after a car crash is, who do I see for my injuries? The answer depends on the nature and extent of the damage to your neck or back. Some injuries are pretty standard, such as whiplash injuries, which are typically a neck or back sprain. These types of injuries recover over time with the help of physical therapy and medication. Other injuries, such as damage to a disc, can be much more complicated and do not respond to conservative treatment. In this article, we address the different kinds of doctors we typically see for injuries suffered in a motor vehicle collision.

Additional resources provided by the author

Victims of car accidents do not always have health insurance. The absence of coverage does not mean you do not have access to competent and credible medical treatment. Many qualified and skilled doctors will work on a lien. A lien is an agreement that means you promise to pay the doctor after you have settled your case.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo personal injury email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer