Written by attorney Claudia Maria Negrette-Gonzalez

What kind of benefits will I receive?

When you're injured on the job, there is multitude of benefits that you're entitled to. The insurance company isn't going to sit down with you and tell you all your benefits. The employer is not going to sit down with you and describe all these benefits, so it's important to speak to someone who has the knowledge such as an attorney who does worker's comp to help you guide you through all the types of benefits that you're entitled to. And in a nutshell, the type of benefits that an injured worker is entitled to are medical benefits and compensation for time out of work, also known as indemnity benefits.

Medical benefits include, again, a multitude of different types of benefits such as surgery, doctors, medical care, medical devices, emergency room care if you're in a situation where you can't reach your worker's comp doctor. And indemnity benefits, lost wage benefits also have different categories depending on whether you can't work at all, or whether you have different types of limitations that your job cannot accommodate.

That's a summary of the types of benefits that you can get under the law. However, because there's so many different ones, I would encourage you to discuss what you're entitled to specifically with an attorney.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo personal injury email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer