Written by attorney Christine Sue Cook

What is transitional alimony

Transitional alimony is also known as bridge the gap alimony. It is still granted on a need and ability to pay basis. The requesting spouse may have a need, but if the spouse who would pay the alimony does not have the ability to pay, it may not be granted in the state of Florida.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer