Written by attorney Thomas B Burton

What is the Personal Representative's Statutory Fee Under Wisconsin Law?

Attorney Thomas B. Burton explains what percentage of your estate your Personal Representative (the person in charge of administering your estate after your death) is entitled to receive as a fee for their services under Wisconsin Law. A Personal Representative is the person you choose in your Will to administer your estate after your death. If you die without a Will and a probate is necessary, the Court will appoint someone to act as Personal Representative for you. If you have a Trust based plan, the person in charge of administering your estate is called your Trustee. If you use a Trust based plan, you can select your Trustee, and also choose how much or how little to pay them according to the terms of your private trust agreement.

Additional resources provided by the author

Please visit my blog for more information

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer