Written by attorney Michael S Altman

What is a "GAP" claim and how do I file a "GAP" claim

If your vehicle is a total loss and you owe more money on a car loan than your vehicle is worth, you have a GAP. If you bought GAP coverage when you bought your vehicle, you have coverage to help cover this GAP and pay off your loan. The process is sometimes burdensome, but this will help explain.

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo personal injury email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer