1. You want to use your appreciated real estate to make a gift, but retain some of its value for your personal needs.
2. You are looking for a gift plan that can return significant financial benefits to you, and provide income and capital gains tax relief.
3. A Bargain Sale is the only donation plan that can give the donor a lump sum of cash and a charitable income tax deduction. It may be carried forward for five years if not fully usable in year of gift.
It works like this:
1. You and the Door County Land Trust agree on a purchase price that is less than the property's fair market value, which has been determined by your independent appraiser.
2. The Door County Land Trust will pay the purchase amount upfront.
3. Retain a Qualified Appraiser to Prepare a Qualified Appraisal
4. Read IRS Pub 544
Our Rating is calculated using information the lawyer has included on their profile in addition to the information we collect from state bar associations and other organizations that license legal professionals. Attorneys who claim their profiles and provide Avvo with more information tend to have a higher rating than those who do not.
What determines Avvo Rating?Experience & background
Years licensed, work experience, education
Legal community recognition
Peer endorsements, associations, awards
Legal thought leadership
Publications, speaking engagements
This lawyer was disciplined by a state licensing authority in .
Disciplinary information may not be comprehensive, or updated. We recommend that you always check a lawyer's disciplinary status with their respective state bar association before hiring them.