Written by attorney Amanda Leah Gordon | May 14, 2015

What happens if you fail to pay child support in California?

This article explains (1) why child support is an obligation, (2) how to calculate payments, (3) what happens if you fail to pay, (4) is jail a real possibility for failure to pay.

Additional resources provided by the author

The DCSS website is DCSS may also be contacted by telephone at (866) 901–3212. To discuss a particular case call this number, provide case information, and request a transfer to the office handling the case.

Rate this guide

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer