Written by attorney Joshua David Ramirez

What happens if you do not have a will or trust?

If you don't have a will or a trust and you become incapacitated, it will be necessary to go through a conservatorship. A conservatorship is where we go to court and a judge appoints someone to manage your financial affairs and your health care affairs. If you pass away without a will or a trust, that's known as intestacy. What that means is a probate judge will determine where your assets go and who manages that.

What happens if you do not have a will or trust? For more information: OC Elder Law, Navigating Families to Peace of Mind. 619 N. Harbor Blvd., Fullerton, CA 92832, (800) 220-4205 & 1185 Magnolia Ave. B, Corona, CA 92879, (951)264-5732. [email protected].

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer