Written by attorney Peggy Y. Cruz-Townsend | Dec 11, 2017

What happens if I do not sign the divorce papers?

If you have been presented with a divorce settlement offer from the other spouse, and you do not agree with the settlement offer, then you have every right to reject it. That, however, means that a court must determine how to address the issue that you could not agree with. Florida courts are inundated with litigants, and it does take time for court cases to be processed through the courts. It can take months, and sometimes even years in order to finalize a divorce when the parties cannot agree.

Additional resources provided by the author

Rate this guide

Avvo child custody email series

Sign up to receive a 10-part series of useful information and legal advice about the divorce process.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer