Skip to main content

Wanna Move Away?

When one parent wants needs to relocate with their child to another state, they have to do one of two things; they need to get consent of the other parent OR if the other parent refuses to consent, the relocating parent needs to seek court approval for the move away.

Additional resources provided by the author

In re Marriage of Lamusga, 32 Cal. 4th 1072(Cal. 2004)

Rate this guide

Avvo child custody email series

Sign up to receive a 5-part series of useful information and advice about child custody law.

Recommended articles about Child custody

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer