Virginia DUI Fines Fees and Costs
Excluding insurance hikes, a driver’s first DUI can cost between $700-$3,741 in fines, government fees, and costs. A second DUI costs between $2,511-$4,511. A third costs between $2,310-$3,760. Finally, a fourth DUI costs between $1,880-$3,380.
There are around 13 different fines, fees, and costs that may be assessed against a defendant if he is found guilty, pleads guilty, or pleads no contest:
- fines ($250-$2,500)
- license reinstatement fee ($105)
- ignition interlock system ($70 plus $60/month)
- ASAP ($300-$375)
- the Trauma Center Fund ($50)
- court costs ($71)
- jury fees ($210/day)
- court-appointed attorney fee ($120 for misdemeanor up to $450 for felony)
- mandatory driver-improvement class ($75), and
- car impounding fee ($120 plus $50/day).