Skip to main content

Violation of Probation

Posted by attorney Corey Cohen

Additional resources provided by the author

You need to hire a lawyer if charged with violation of probation since the judge can sentence you up to the maximum period your charge holds. For example if you are on probation for a 3rd degree felony which hold up to 5 years in prison as the maximum the Judge can give you 5 years in prison if you violate probation.

Even if you did 4 years on probation before you violated, the judge can still give you the entire 5 years in prison.

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?