Written by attorney Jeff Adrian Biddle

Violation of parenting time orders in Arizona

If a custody or parenting time order of the court is violated, then a contempt or enforcement action can be filed against the person who violated the order. In this case, the court can issue a remedy to correct the behavior in the future or alternatively punish the violation. While the Court will not force a parent to exercise parenting time, it will force a parent to allow parenting time if they are not complying with the Court’s orders. If a parent takes the child in violation of an order under circumstances where it appears that the parent does not intend to return the child, it may be appropriate to go to court for an emergency order or even consider criminal charges of parental kidnapping depending on the circumstances.

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Avvo child custody email series

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer