Written by attorney Andrew Schach

U Visa

The U nonimmigrant status (U visa) is set aside for victims of crimes, and their immediate family members, who have suffered substantial mental or physical abuse. The victim must have, or is willing to, assist law enforcement officers in the investigation or prosecution of the criminal activity. U-V

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer