Skip to main content

Tips for Michigan Renters

Posted by attorney Jacob Sartz

Additional resources provided by the author

If you end up in litigation with your landlord, legal assistance may be available regardless of your income level. In addition to legal clinics like the Michigan State University College of Law, Rental Housing clinic or Legal Aid services, there are referral services including:

Lawyer Referral Information Service (800) 968-0738. (Statewide)

Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Monroe, Lenawee, and Washtenaw Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association (Wayne County) (313) 961-3545

Genesee, Genesee County Bar Association (810) 232-6000

Grand Traverse, Leelanau, and Antrim Grand Traverse – Leelanau – Antrim Bar Association (231) 922-4713

Kent, Ottawa, Muskegon, and Allegan Grand Rapids Bar Association (616) 855-0273

Macomb, and St. Clair Macomb County Bar Association (586) 468-8300

Oakland Oakland County Bar Association (248) 338-2100

Washtenaw, Western Wayne, Lenawee, Livingston, and Monroe Washtenaw County Bar Association (734) 996-3229

Check out for more information.

Author of this guide:

Was this guide helpful?

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer