Written by attorney Sharon Abaud

The "U" Visa

The "U" Visa is a visa for victims of crimes in the United States, who cooperated with law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of the crime to the best of their abilities. A person in U Visa status for 3 years can apply for lawful permanent residency in the U.S.

Additional resources provided by the author

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer