Written by attorney Mohammad A Syed

The H-1B Visa and the Employment based Green Card: Explaining the Difference

Among the various ways in which foreign nationals can enter and legally work in the United States are two similar but distinct pathways. First, there is the H-1B non-immigrant visa, and second is the employment based green card or immigrant visa. Some aspects of the two programs are similar and even overlap, but there are other features that are radically different. Whether you are a business that is interested in employing a qualified foreign professional, or you are a professional who is seeking to explore options for employment in the United States, this article will answer your questions regarding the two programs.

Free Q&A with lawyers in your area

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer